Type the content for this section here. This is just example text to show you what it will look like when you enter text content into this section. Your unique, authentic, and appropriate text will be filled into this section. Once you click into this section, you will see the filler text disappear, and you can begin typing your real content. We’ve simply put in filler text in this area.
Martha Medley called the regular monthly meeting of the LakeRidge Baptist Church WMA to order at 6:15 pm asking Liz Braquet to lead in prayer. The following ladies attended the meeting:
Sally Quiroz presented an introduction and overview of the WMA history and purpose.
The minutes of the April 24, 17 WMA meeting were read and approved.
The treasurers report was read and approved.
Karen Isaacs made a motion that the Women’s Ministry Team and the WMA jointly advise and direct Women’s ministries at LRBC. Further that Liz Braquet serve as Chair/President, Vicki serve a Secretary and Sally Quiroz serve as treasurer. Motion was seconded by Sally Quiroz. Motion carried.
The next meeting of the Women’s Ministry/WMA is scheduled for Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 4:30 pm in the church Library.
The following items were tabled to be considered as old business for the next meeting:
- Rebranding of the WMA
- Pastor and deacon appreciation event
Announcements: Secret Prayer Sisters is scheduled for October 28, 2017 at 12:30.
JBC Choir hospitality: lodging needed for Friday night and Saturday night October 13th to the 15th.
The following prayer requests were presented:
Jordenn and Jelani and their placement with family
Liz’s family helping to move Ryan’s grandparents to Lubbock and Unloading trucks.
Gena and Houston area recovery from hurricane disaster.
Karen closed the meeting in prayer at 7:55 pm.
At 5:00 pm the
meeting was called to order by Liz Braquet. Karen Isaacs led in an opening
Attending were: Liz Braquet, Melissa Roberts, Karen Isaacs, and Sally Quiroz.
Karen made a motion to elect Liz Braquet Chair of the Women's Ministry Team. Vicki was elected Secretary.
Liz shared a survey that she had prepared to distribute to the women of the church regarding Women's Ministry.
Karen will prepare for distribution in the bulletin the next two Sundays.
- Ladie's Tea, Saturday, October 14th
- Several were named who have volunteered to set tables.
- Melissa Roberts requested $150.00 from the Women's Ministry Team fund to cover decoration expenses for the Tea. Sally made motion to authorize those funds. Motion carried.
- Secret Prayer Sister, sponsored by Verna Dean is scheduled for October 28th at 12:30 pm.
- Pastor's appreciation - Karen mention that this event had been scheduled for October for the last couple of years. Discussion regarding this event was tabled until a later date.
The meeting was adjourned at 6:00 PM.